The Learning Goals
The Met has defined five academically applied learning goals that each student must meet. These learning goals are accomplished through independent project work, school-based workshops, learning in the real world, college courses and community service.
HOW DO I PROVE IT?
- developing strategies to prove ideas
HOW DO I MEASURE OR REPRESENT IT?
- basic operations
- tables and graphs
- algebra, geometry and statistics
- estimating and number sense
HOW DO I TAKE IN AND EXPRESS INFORMATION?
- listening and speaking
- writing and reading
- foreign language
- computers and multimedia
- creative expression
WHAT DO OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS?
- past experience/history
- understanding diverse perspectives
- citizenship, cooperation, and conflict resolution
WHAT DO I BRING TO THIS PROCESS?
- respect, responsibility, perseverance, organization and self-awareness
- physical fitness