Cleaning, Disinfection and Hand Hygiene
Air Circulation - The virus is primarily spread between people via droplets in the air when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or speaks. Increasing air circulation in indoor spaces will reduce the risk of transmitting the virus within these spaces. Our HVAC systems have been upgraded to hospital-grade filtration, and settings are updated to maximize circulation and filtration. We will not allow windows and doors to remain open at Peace Street, Public Street, or on the first floor of East Bay during the school day due to safety concerns. On the upper two floors of the East Bay campus, windows may be vented for temperature regulation.
- Building operations staff will ensure that all ventilation systems operate correctly and have any features that maximize circulation or filtration operating optimally.
- The use of outdoor spaces will be maximized whenever possible.
Cleaning and disinfecting - Cleaning and disinfecting procedures will be followed throughout the school day. Areas that are frequently touched, such as tabletops, door handles, and other surfaces, will be disinfected on a regular basis.
- Deep cleaning and disinfecting will occur when students are not on campus(nightly and on weekends), and additional disinfection will occur at least twice during the school day.
- Disinfectants that are EPA-approved for use against the virus that causes COVID-19 will be utilized.
- Faculty and staff members will have disinfecting and sanitizing products available in each classroom and other learning spaces. This will increase the frequency that spaces will be cleaned.
Hand hygiene - Regular hand-washing will be required at various times during the school day. Hand sanitizer will be placed inside each building entry door and in various locations around the schools.
- All students and staff must sanitize their hands when they enter or exit the classroom, including at the start and end of the school day; before and after going to lunch, gym, after using the restroom, or any other time they leave the room.
- Students and staff must regularly wash their hands with soap and water thoroughly for 20 seconds.
- Faculty and staff will remind students to maintain good hand hygiene.