Family Engagement Strategies
As a rule, the Met’s philosophy and practice involve strong family engagement from application to graduation. The MCS assists the school with many components of the Family Engagement strategy in each small school as well as the school as a whole. Here are a few of our Family Engagement Activities:
- What’s Happening at the Met (WHAM, Quarterly School Newsletter) includes a spotlight on MCS in each edition.
- At Family Interview nights MCS staff assists with recruitment and family interviews.
- Open House when families are deciding where to send their students for high school, MCS helps with translation and is on hand to announce the 9th grade extended day requirement.
- Family engagement activities, programs and services may include but are not limited to family literacy events, adult education, computer and technology classes, parenting workshops, link to PTA/PTO, events, field trips, etc
- Family Literacy Program, 3 sessions per year for the past 10 years.
- Financial Aid night with CCRI for Senior Families
- Translation help in exhibitions and meetings
- Attendance at RIASPA Breakfast of Champions
- Parents attend Board of Regents meetings to talk about their experiences and support the Met.
- Each small school has its family or parent group and the MCS supports as requested
- Parents chaperone trips to shows at to Providence Performing Arts Center and Veterans Memorial Auditorium and Trinity Repertory Theatre.