Please note: the attendance procedure may vary between school locations(check with your child's principal for more information)
1. Met advisors take attendance at 9:00 a.m. After 9:00 a.m., the School Coordinator will monitor tardiness and update attendance records.
2. Student arriving at 12:01 p.m. will be marked absent for the day. Attendance will be updated at the front desk by the School Coordinator.
3. Students shall be provided with multiple options and opportunities to demonstrate proficiency and recover lost time due to being absent during the school year.
1. After 5 absences, family will be contacted by Advisor
2. After 10 absences, a letter will be sent and contact with the Principal or school social worker/counselor will be required.
3. After 15 absences, a notification letter will be sent; a family meeting with Principal and Advisor will be required; truancy petition is initiated.
4. After 20 absences, a letter will be sent to inform parent/guardian that a truancy petition has been filed.
Excused and Unexcused Absences:
1. Excused absences will not trigger interventions with written documentation from a professional.
2. Unexcused absences will trigger interventions and truancy petition
3. Family vacation during times other than school vacation, places the student at risk of not meeting academic and attendance expectations.
a. Student will be at risk of losing their LTI and/or be dropped from their college class.
b. Absences could exceed the attendance policy maximum triggering the need for intervention and risk of truancy petition
c. Student, especially IEP students, may have to participate in an Extended School Year (ESY) or summer school.