325 Public Street Providence, RI 02905
Phone (401)752-2693 Fax (401)752-2694
Adolescent Health Center Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
If you are a Providence Community Health Center patient, after hours emergency services are provided by affiliated PCHC physicians. Call (401)521-2131
Who We Are
The Met Adolescent Health Center provides primary care services to students at the Met School. The clinic is operated by the Providence Community Health Centers, Inc. (PCHC) and the Met School. The Adolescent Health Center is located in the Met Schoolʼs Public Street Campus. Parents are involved with the services provided.
Goals of the Adolescent Health Center
The Met Adolescent Health Center provides developmentally appropriate health care to teens. Our educational strategies are aimed at risk reduction and equipping students with the knowledge necessary to make informed health decisions. We respect the teensʼ desire for privacy, providing confidential services when appropriate, but also recognizing the need for continuing family involvement.
- Physical Exams (including sports)
- Management of acute illnesses, such as
- sore throats
- skin rashes
- eye infections
- abdominal pain
- Reproductive and sexual health education
- responsible behavior including abstinence
- GYN exams
- testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- Mental health/substance abuse referrals
- Referrals to specialists or other counselors
- Education about wellness, healthy lifestyles and nutrition
How can students utilize The Adolescent Health Center?
- Students must obtain parental consent to become registered patients at the clinic. Parents are welcome to visit the health center.
- Students are seen by appointment and on a walk-in basis, depending on the nature of the illness
- No money or co-payment is collected on site. If you have insurance, your insurance company will be billed. If you are not insured, our staff will assist you in applying for coverage.
- Medical records are incorporated into the PCHC system
- Medical records can only be released with the written consent of the student and his/her guardian.